Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Legend: Run In Peace Ed Whitlock

I had the opportunity in past Scotiabank Waterfront and other running events where I saw Ed running with his unmistakable stride and his characteristic white hair bouncing.  I would always run the half marathon while he was not only besting my half marathon time but did it again in completing his full marathon event!  In particular, I remember catching glimpses of him as the marathoners start earlier than the half marathoners, and with typically a turnaround point on the route up ahead, myself and all the other runners would hear the cheers and claps as he would be on his way back, running towards us, then off on his extended marathon route.  Run In Peace Ed.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/ed-whitlock-dies-at-86-running-legend-smashed-world-marathon-records-deep-into-his-70s-and-80s

No comments:

Post a Comment