Saturday, August 8, 2020

Car Rating: VW Tiguan

 As I have never owned an automobile and have rented many - SUVs, cars, even a pick up truck and a magic wagon (no inventory that day). 

I thought I would start reviewing these for others to read.  I'm not a motor-head, so my criteria is fairly rudimentay. 

capacity: 5 seats

body/style: large, but appears boxy

interior: decent interior, well laid out, roomy

back seats pull down/cargo: easy, lots of room, due to boxy feel, seems higher than other SUVs

radio controls on steering wheel : volume on left,  station selection on right - not ideal, as I am left handed and prefer both controls on left; able to change from FM station presets to AM presets. I  prefer all presets in same menu/page.

sound: not impressed, EQ did not respond as compared to thousands of other devices, stereos, cars, etc.

heated steering wheel: don't know, it is August

heated seats: don't know, it is August

start up (Key required?): key insert required

steering wheel adjustment: two positions

visual display: good, stations easy to see, 

rear view camera: yes

safety/lane adjust: no beeping at me

auto lights: yes

handling/feel: good

sunroof: no but I'm sure it is offered on other models

Overall: decent car, good for a weekend getaway or loading up for the cottage, not a preferred choice due to its boxy feel.  


No comments:

Post a Comment