Friday, May 12, 2017

Singapore Airlines: I'm a Big Fan

My first time flying with Singapore Airlines and I'm now their biggest fan. From the moment I walked on to the plane awash in its distinct shades of green and brown I knew the 14 hr 20 min flight would be less daunting than I expected.  As I shuffled through the high back, regal looking chic business class chairs toward row 40, I immediately wanted to fly more, anywhere, just to have enough points for any business class flight that Singapore Airlines goes.

The economy seats were a somewhat modern take with a decent size monitor and a handset below, rendering the foldable pull out table a little lower than most planes or North American short haul flights. Along with accessible power,  USB and ear phone abilities, the foldable table has the normal indent for a cup or glass as well as a mirror with a cover that slides over it. Genius. Upon boarding, we were handed a decent pair of fitting ear phones (without the annoying extra $3.00 charge).

The movies and entertainment options exceeded all expectations.  I think I read or saw (it was a long, long flight) to review the thousands of choices (movies, music, pod casts, games, TV shows) "ahead of time" on their app...before your even board the plane!  After scrolling through the hundreds of titles I landed on the entire Star Wars series.  Flying on the longest flight I have bee been on I could budget for the original trilogy (IV, V and VI) and began watching those.

Before take off, the efficient and friendly stewardesses were darting around assisting passenger dead once seated handing out hot towels.  Later, and even more efficiently, a solid dinner was served of corn bean medley, beef, mashed potatoes, banana loaf/cake and tea.

After everyone had their late dinner and the trays taken away, most, like me, settled into their movies...then sleep.  The cabin was kept extremely dark versus other over night flights.

A New Hope done. The Empire Strikes Back next...

No comments:

Post a Comment